Year 9 University Taster Webinar
Tuesday 9 May 2023, 5.00pm- 6.30pm
Applications are now open. This is a free event for students to join but requires registration.
Downing College invites Year 9 students across the UK to take part in a webinar to help them think about their future. Students attending the webinar will have the opportunity to find out about the University of Cambridge and explore what opportunities are available for them in the next few years. The aim of the webinar is to encourage students to think about higher education and what they can do now to support their future. A member of the admissions team and current undergraduate students will be running the webinar, and they will be happy to answer any questions students may have about Cambridge.
5.00pm – Introduction to University of Cambridge
5.30pm – Student Life Talk
5.45pm – Thinking about your future workshop
6.00pm – Q&A
This is a free event for students to join but requires registration, please register here by 7 May 2023.
Who can apply?
To apply for this event you must be:
- A current year 9 student in the UK
- Interested in studying at Cambridge or have the potential capability to study at Cambridge
Students who meet any of the below criteria will be prioritsed:
- Currently or previously living under local authority care.
- Eligible for Free School Meals (currently, or in the previous 6 years).
- Young carer
- Students for underrepresented ethnic groups
- Disability/extenuating circumstances which has affected study
- IMD deciles 1-2
- POLAR 4 classification 1 or 2
- No parental history of higher education
- Current state school student